Thursday, April 4, 2013

Come On Now Sugar...

I am a huge fan of Kickstarter.com, which recently allowed this to happen:


Veronica Mars is, in my opinion, one of the Best Things To Ever Be Made.  Humans (myself included) make a lot of crappy things; this is not one of them.  This is one of humanity's greatest hits.  I know that's a bold statement, and I stand by it as one of any number of things: Writer, English Major (which translates to Someone Who Has Paid Money to Learn How to be Better at Slamming Other Writers' Writing), and Person From the Internet.

Anyway.

Kickstarter and this project in particular are blurring some important paradigms in the world of film-making, and not without controversy.  This reminds me very much of conversations about amazon and indie publishing, back when such things were still novel.  

Prior to this event, I was a frequent backer of projects on Kickstarter, because I like giving money to people making new stuff, better stuff, and stuff humanity needs (see: art).  

Just sayin.  A long time ago, we used to be friends...  Come on now sugar...