Tuesday, December 18, 2012

American Horror Story and the Ladykillers

This is how I feel whenever I see Zachary Quinto's eyebrow(s).
I love American Horror Story.  Why?  Because I'm a Horrordork, and a cinephile, and there was even, once, long ago, a time when I loved Glee.  But mostly because I'm a Horrordork, capital H, no hyphen.


I'm devouring the new episodes as they come in, and it got me to thinking.  There are several 'traditional' horror trajectories, for lack of a better word.  They usually involve a female protagonist--who is also, usually, the morally righteous, kinda Mary-ish archetype--and a male murderer/monster/murdermonster.  And then, as extra, there might be a guy who saves the girl, even though he himself is not morally pure overall, because nobody wants to watch movies about morally pure dudes.


Morally ambiguous panty-dropper Evan Peters.
So.

Who is the good girl on American Horror Story?  Is it Alma, the mysterious wife, future star of hundreds of Evan Peters based IR fanfics (and can I just say yes please)?  Is it the lesbean journalista?  It is not allowed to be Jessica Lange, because I love her bad--please don't interfere with this preference with something so banal as 'reality,' come on--and it can't be the other nun, 'cuz she's bedeviled.

This question is important, because I am preparing an epic story map of all things horror, and this season doesn't quite fit.  

Season One?  Easy.  The Good Wife.  Season Two?  No idea.

Just something to think on.  











cinema IR, american horror story, Evan Peters, fanfic, interracial romance